Rules and Regulations
Riail na Gaeilge
Students must make a genuine effort to speak Irish at all times in order to improve their fluency. Where a student makes little or no attempt to speak Irish, parents will be contacted with a view to improving their child’s effort. The college authorities reserve the right to request that a student is removed from the course should they show blatant and persistent disregard for this rule.
By accepting the rules and regulations it is assumed that you agree to our medical procedure policy. In the event of your child having a minor ailment during their stay it may be necessary to offer them an over the counter remedy from the chemist. Some examples of over the counter remedies would be strepsils, calpol, paracetemol, nurofen, motillium, lomitil and creams for burns or insect bites. Please inform us of any medication your child may be allergic to. Please inform us of any medical conditions or ailments your child may have prior to commencement of the course by way of writing. Please inform us in writing should you not wish that we offer your child any over the counter remedies in the event of any minor ailments arising.
Coláiste na Rosann reserve the right to cancel a course. In the event of the Coláiste na Rosann cancelling a course, a full refund of all fees paid will be returned immediately.
In the interest of safety, students will be dismissed from the course for any of the following reasons:
- Possession or consumption of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs (including solvent abuse or smoking).
- Absence from the college/house/classes/activities without prior permission of the headmaster.
- Verbal or physical intimidation/persistent misbehaviour or behaviour which could cause problems, psychological or otherwise, to themselves or fellow students.
- Absence from the guest house after 10.30pm.
- Unauthorised travel or leaving the district.
- Persistent failure to comply with instructions given by the Headmaster or members of staff.
Policies and Procedures
Please contact the office for all details regarding policies and procedures. The following documents are available for download:
Child Protection Policy – Child Protection policy
Code of Behaviour Policy – Code of Behaviour Policy
Anti-Bullying Policy – Anti-Bullying Policy
Mobile Phone Policy – Mobile Phone Policy